Friday, January 7, 2011

Protective Styling and LEAVE-IN Cons

So, I"ve put off doing this post long enough. I want to share with you all just a few protective stylings that I use to keep me out of my head for any period of time. Im BIG on touching my hair which Im sure has some adverse effects on my hair goals, so a while back while doing some YT surfing I ran across a poster (toysvoice) or something like that who did a tutorial on doing crochet braids. I was really liking the after look so I decided to give it a try. Take a look:


It was a bit time consuming being that Im not very good at french braiding my own hair, THEN add on top of that I added some hair to add extra strength to the braids. I had never done this before on myself or anyone else for that matter so that extended the process a bit. After my first successful PS w/ crochet braids I decided to give it a try again about 6mths later (which was the day before new year eve this yr). But, this time I decided to use a tighter curl that I did before. Here's some pics:



I wasnt too happy with the outcome, AND it took me forever this time!! UGGHH I was so mad at all the fuss this curl pattern gave me, PLUS it was so hard keeping the knots tied in tight, so I had to add a step due to the softness of the hair and put so glue on the ends to keep it from slipping. Can you say VEXED!! That was me, so currently I have this style in. Its been almost 10 days I think and I canta wait to take it down. Not so much cause I dont like it but I'm ANXIOUS to get in my hair. Why you ask? Well...Ive been a subscriber to kimmaytube channel for a few mths, and it has taken me some time to get through her pleathra of videos, but it was worth. She seems pretty cool and knowledgable about hair. Im not new to her name, Ive heard her before on the hair forum I frequent, but never really looked into her techniques until a few mths ago. Ive heard the rants and raves about her leave-in con concotion, but being a recovering PJ I just blew it off.....Well, take a look


Im going to give it a try. If it can work wonders on my dry hair, then I must give credit where its due. I havent try it yet, but as soon as this style comes down in the next few days I will be giving KIMMAYTUBE LEAVE-IN conditioner a try. So stay tuned for me thoughts on it. Oh, if your interested in giving it a try and need the measurements here it is:
            KIMMAYTUBE LEAVE-IN Conditioner
                                   
             1oz/2Tbs- Kinky Curly Knot Today
                  2Ts- Castor Oil
                  2Ts- Jojoba Oil
             2Tb- Aloe Vera Juice (Lily of the Desert-whole leaf)
Kim prefers to use the Lily of the Desert brand, but stresses you can use a brand of your choice. Also remember after mixing you need to refrigerate. Here's is her link to herYT vid on how to make if you need visual aid  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXi2k4cFFhI




Also, as I said in my Developing of Regimen post, Im looking for products that will become my staples so I'm in trail and error stage. So while I was at Whole Foods getting the items I need for the Kimmay conditinioner they had a great deal on JASON products I couldnt pass up, So Im going to be giving these a try:
I havent heard anything bad about these products, to be honest I havent heard much. I did search the forums for some reviews and a few ladies had good things to say, so Im going to give them a try. PLUS the price waas doable for me AND they dont contain the No-No's (Parabens and Sulfates) so I cant go too wrong right? Well, my hair is a bit sensitive to protein poos and cond so (which these contain) but I decided to give it a try being that it seems to be in small amount since its one of the last 3 ingredients listed. Im hoping to have a good experience with these. I still have the Alikay products in my sights, but we will see.

No comments:

Post a Comment