Thursday, February 24, 2011

As I Am Naturally

Hey gals, just wanted to let you ladies know about this website I ran across on FB. It's called AsIAmNaturally.com. They are having a "Love Letter to my Hair Contest" It ends Feb. 28th. You must submit a letter telling them how you feel about your hair. It can be in reference to the one who inspired you to go natural, a love letter to your hair, or something about your hair.
15 winners will be given 4 hair product prizes for FREE!!!

The PJ in me couldnt pass on the opportunity for free products. I havent heard of them and wanted to spread the word. So go ahead check them out here is the link: As-I-Am-Naturally

Look at one if their models:


Here is a copy of the letter I submitted:

To: MyNativeCurlz

I guess the first thing I should do is to apoligize. For all the years of abuse, neglect, and the lyes.... I didn't realize then, what I do now...I dont have to cover you up to walk with my head held up PROUD!!
I must thank you for enduring, and deciding to stick around...The things I did to you at times made me look like a clown.
The dyes, the lyes, the perms, and the weave and with ALL THAT you are STILL here for me....
My kinky, puffy head of curls I really LOVE you, but not all in this world. Atleast I know now it doesnt matter what others think. What matters most now is ROCKIN my curlz without a blink.
So with this I pledge now, I have learned from my mistakes. I will NOT subject my daughter to the legacy of self-hate. I know that doesnt apply to all, so please dont misconstrue...
AS I AM, these words will forever be true!!
Love You!!
Signed,
NativeCurlzGirl77




GOOD LUCK LADIES!!!!

3 comments: